Thursday, October 2, 2008

100% DESIGN EXHIBITION




Last weekend saw my first trip back to the UK since permanently moving to Spain in the April of 2007. We (Paper Moon) had decided to launch the new Tres Tintas ‘Mariscal 9 Selvas’ wallpaper collection at the 100% Design Exhibition at Earls Court from the 18th-21st September!

I have to admit that the whole experience was quite a shock to the system! It had been ten years since we last participated in a major exhibition and whilst it was incredibly tiring, it proved to be very successful and all of the Tres Tintas collections were well received by all sectors of the Interior Design and Architectural markets.

I couldn’t believe the prices of everything in London! £4.00 to travel three stops on the underground, £7.80 for two coffees and two chocolate cookies! I can travel to Granada and back on the train for less than that!

However, I took full advantage of my trip back to England! I had an Indian Curry in Kensington, fish & chips from The Sea Shell restaurant in Lisson Grove, which has gained a great reputation with stars and celebrities alike. I also managed quite a few pints of real ale, which are not existent in Spain.

On the Sunday I had dinner at the Satay House Malaysian Restaurant in Paddington with my two daughters Sophie and Becky, my business partner Carole and her eldest son Robin, who I hadn’t seen for over ten years.

Before returning on the Monday morning, I spent a few hours in the Brent Cross branch of Waitrose filling my suitcase with a number of grocery items, which are virtually impossible to find in Spain! For example Loyd Grossman sauces, Yorkshire tea bags, creamy hot horseradish, pork sausages, curry powder and spices etc etc…

No comments: