Monday, September 15, 2008

DEEP PURPLE

The Legendary 'Deep Purple'

Would you believe it……… I entered a competition on the discoverronda.com website and to my surprise won a pair of tickets to ‘The Deep Purple’ concert at the Estepona bullring for last Friday night the 12th September. Needless to say Lin had never heard of them!!!


Well we had a really great time! We set of from home at around 4pm and decided to drive down through the Genel Valley via the white villages of Gaucin and Algatocin, which offers fantastic scenery and views.

Before the concert we had a superb meal at the ‘Bangkok’ Thai Restaurant near to the Estepona harbour, which was a real treat for us, as the types of restaurants in Ronda are very limited.


Lin at Estepona Harbour

The White Village of Algatocin

This was Lin’s first experience of a rock concert and I don’t think she was over impressed! She appeared to be paralysed in her seat by the wall of sound which vibrated through our bodies!

I loved it……. I thought Deep Purple were absolutely incredible and I got to hear one of my favourite tracks ‘ Smoke on the Water’ played live……………………….



Mike

No comments: