Tuesday, August 21, 2012

SCARY MOMENTS


I have had a couple of very eventful days.....On Saturday I was cleaning the swimming pool and upon removing the lid of the skimmer, I discovered this magnificent scorpion, which was a good 3 inches in length.

Fortunately for me it was dead!  Had it not been I think I would have probably had a heart attack....

To date, we have been very flippant when slipping on our shoes that have been left out on the patio overnight!!  I think we will probably be more vigilant from now on....



The very next morning, whilst preparing to feed the alpacas and donkeys, I pulled back the protective plastic on our haystack only to find myself eyeball to eyeball with a fairly large ladder snake, that has made his home there.

Normally they slither off quickly, but on this occasion he decided to stick around, which gave me the opportunity of getting Lin up for a look and the camera....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AARRGGHH! I´ve not had a scorpion in my pool, but we did have a snake curled up under the skimmer lid, one time!

Yes, it always pays to check your shoes before putting them on, if you´ve left them outside overnight.

OH, but the joy of living in Spain :)