Sunday, July 25, 2010

UNWELCOME GUEST

Ladder Snake........

Last night we were all getting ready to go to a performance of Flamenco in the Patio Convento de Santo Domingo’ when my daughter Sophie, who is spending a couple of weeks with us, calmly reported a snake in her bathroom.

As the so called man of the house, the onus was on me to get it out and as I am not totally comfortable with snakes I was a real wuss about it…..

Having failed miserably to encourage it to leave with the use of the barbecue utensils, Lin suggested that we use a pillowcase. The moment we laid the pillowcase in the bath the snake, to my relief, slithered into it and I managed to get it out into the garden…..

….with my ‘roughie toughie’ reputation in tatters!!!


The ‘Cuadro de Baile de paqui de Ronda’ was absolutely fantastic and probably the best performance of Flamenco we have seen to date.


Late night drinks in local Ronda Bar...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm surprised we didn't bump into each other, I was there as well making a video of the show for Ronda Today.

The good news about the snake is that they don't bite, and your daughter is probably too big for it to be interested in swallowing her :)