Friday, March 27, 2009

WEEKEND IN WINCHESTER

My beautiful daughters Sophie & Becky

I had to travel to London on a legal matter, so Lin and I thought it would be a good opportunity to spend the weekend with my daughters Sophie and Becky, having not seen them for sometime.

And what a lovely weekend it turned out to be. Following business meetings and a shopping trip to Oxford Street with my business partner Carole, during the day on Friday, I travelled up to Stevenage on the train and spent the evening with our old neighbours June & Roger. As a surprise, they had invited Anne and Tony Charles over for the evening (our old friends from church) and we all had a Chinese Meal together and reminisced on old times.

On the Saturday morning, I had an early haircut at my old barbers in Stevenage, before June ran me down to Welham Green, where my youngest daughter Becky lives, who then drove us down to Winchester, where Sophie (my eldest daughter) is at University. She is studying Textiles, Fashion and Fibre, specializing in Pathway Weave. Sophie is living on campus for the first year. Below is a photograph of her room!



Both Sophie and Becky are excellent drivers I’m pleased and relieved to say.

We stayed at a great bed and breakfast in a superb Georgian house at 58 Hyde Street in the centre of Winchester, run by a charming couple Julian and Guinevere Harvey. Highly recommended!

On the Saturday night we went 10 Pin Bowling in Southampton, which was great fun and on the Sunday we met up with Lin’s brother Barrie and his wife Jeanne for lunch in Bournemouth, where we were joined by Jeanne’s brother Geoff and his wife Kathy.


After lunch we went back to Barrie and Jeanne’s new apartment in Bournemouth which is really lovely; elegant, light and airy; interesting views from all sides and situated in a great location.

Becky then drove me back to June and Roger’s on the Sunday evening, where I stayed for the night. Well I say the night!! June, who is a real trooper, took me to the airport at 5am in the morning for the seven o’clock Monarch flight back to Malaga! Thank you June; you’re a star!

It was a very memorable and enjoyable weekend and it was a joy to see that my daughters have grown up into two beautiful young ladies!

No comments: